Reflexology is not just a relaxing foot massage… there is a lot more to it. It’s a focused pressure technique used on the feet, hands, or ears. It is based on the philosophy that there are zones and reflex points on different parts of our feet, hands, and ears that correspond to all parts, organs, and glands of the body. Through specific manipulations, the reflex points are stimulated, and the body’s natural electrical energy works along the nervous system to clear any blockages in the corresponding zone.
The benefits one receives from a reflexology treatment are plentiful. Here are just a few:
· Stress reduction
· Increased circulation in both blood and lymph flow
· Increased immune system function
· Increased energy
· Connectedness to self and Mother Earth
One can also experience some adverse effects, though they are all necessary for the body to come back into balance. This is essentially what reflexology can do… bring our bodies back into balance so it can function and heal more effectively. Some temporary effects can include:
· Frequent urination or increased thirst
· Sinus issues
· Healing crisis – this may happen if there are a lot of toxins to be released. A healing crisis can include headaches, chills, nausea, sinus congestion. This passes within 24 hrs and gets less and less intense with each session as your body comes into balance.
Treatments are between 45 minutes to an hour and I work the whole body through pressure techniques on the feet. I will focus in on areas of concern to you and areas where I feel a blockage. This is a beautiful, ancient healing practice that I am so happy to offer. These are ridiculously crazy times we are living in, and I feel we all need some balance within ourselves to help us along our paths.
Much love, Natalie